Slip-and-fall accidents happen swiftly and suddenly when a person encounters a hazard that should not have been there. These hazards can include:
- Substances on the floor - Spilled liquids or discarded items such as bags or wrappers can be slippery and cause people to lose their footing.
- Inadequate warnings - A floor may be wet after mopping, but no warnings were given to customers.
- Tripping hazards - There may be loose floorboards, damaged carpeting or uneven surfaces in pavement.
- Lack of handrails - Stairs, steps and ramps are required to have handrails to help people maintain their balance.
- Inadequate lighting - Building codes may call for lighting standards to help people make their way safely.
Taking the fight to insurance companies
If you were injured in a slip-and-fall accident, you can expect a wall of bureaucracy when you file a claim for benefits. Property owners don't want to admit negligence and insurance companies don't want to pay. Their lawyers fight to protect their clients and prevent you from recovering the compensation you deserve.
Attorney Al Lasso fights for you. Our firm's legal team investigates your accident and looks for evidence of negligence. This includes reviewing accident reports, safety records and medical records. We identify and interview witnesses. We are dedicated to proving negligence to help you recover maximum compensation.
Al determines the total amount of damages you suffered as a result of your accident. Injuries can range from sprains and strains to broken bones to traumatic brain injuries or spinal cord injuries. Medical expenses can add up quickly. You may also lose income because you can't work. There are also other damages to consider, such as pain and suffering.
We don't back down
The insurance company may try to make you go away by making a low settlement offer. Don't accept any offer from the insurance company until you speak to an attorney first. They often only want to pay you as little as possible. Lasso Injury Law LLC is determined to get them to pay you what you deserve.
Al knows the tricks insurance companies play to avoid responsibility and to try to pay you less than what you should get. He doesn't put up with these tricks. He keeps the pressure on. This aggressive approach usually gets insurance companies to the negotiating table, where they eventually agree to a settlement that works for you. If they won't settle, Al will fight for you in court, where he has won many significant awards for clients.
If you were injured in a slip-and-fall accident, call 702-625-8777 for a free consultation. Al will meet with you and go over all your options. You pay us nothing unless we recover damages for you.