Types of injuries that can be sustained in casinos
Las Vegas is where dreams are supposed to come true. If that does not happen, you should still have fun while you pursue instant riches, take in a show or enjoy a fine meal. Sometimes, the excitement can mean a trip to the emergency room. Casino injuries are often the result of negligence or recklessness on part of casino staff or other patrons.
It's important to understand that you have rights that must be upheld if you were injured in a Las Vegas casino. Speak to an experienced personal injury lawyer to learn about your legal options.
Common mishaps that lead to casino injuries
Here are some common mishaps that can lead to casino injuries:
- Slip and fall accidents — Guests lose their balance on floors wet with spilled food and drinks, where lighting is poor, or on worn surfaces.
- Food poisoning — Problems occur due to improper preparation, poor kitchen sanitation and employees who do not keep their hands clean.
- Shuttle bus injuries — Guests are injured in vehicle accidents or when luggage and other objects are left in the aisles.
- Falls from slot machine chairs — Unsafe chairs due to poor maintenance pose a threat to guests.
- Fires — They are caused by everything from guests who are careless with cigarettes to faulty electrical wiring in hotel rooms.
- Assaults and robberies — Guests who carry large amounts of cash are potential robbery victims when a casino fails to provide adequate security.
Accidents in casinos can lead to:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Injuries to the back, neck, and spine
- Soft tissue sprains, strains, and tears
- Cuts, bruises, and contusions
- Puncture wounds
Casinos sometimes gamble with your safety
Under Nevada law, casino owners must keep their facilities reasonably safe. This means anticipating and correcting hazards. To be fair, it is not an easy job. Thousands upon thousands of guests – some of whom have been drinking – and staff make their way through the casinos all day, every day.
Still, some casino operators are lax when it comes to keeping gaming areas, buffets, restaurants, bathrooms, hotels, grounds and parking lots safe. They may cut corners to maximize profits. They may be incompetent. Or they may accept occasional guest injuries as part of doing business.
Hire a lawyer who can handle cases involving casino injuries
If your vacation or business trip is ruined by an accident at a casino, you are up against many obstacles. First of all, you are from out of town, unfamiliar with local procedures and at the mercy of casino management. The casino does not want an incident to tarnish its reputation. They'll try to deal with it quietly, which means to their advantage, not yours. They may offer to “make things right,” but do not sign anything, no matter how tempting. You could be giving up your rights to a better settlement.
In a town full of strangers, personal injury lawyer Al Lasso of Lasso Injury Law will work with you to defend your rights. The firm has been handling cases like yours in Las Vegas since 2003. Attorney Lasso has experience standing up to casinos, their lawyers and their insurance companies. He will fight for justice and fair financial compensation for you and your family. Contact Lasso Injury Law today for a free consultation.